Minutes of 100 Years Ago
An Extract of the minutes of the meeting held 100 years ago is read out in Lodge at every meeting. You can read them at your leisure here:
THIS IS AN EXTRACT FROM THE MINUTES OF THE ALBERT EDWARD LODGE
No. 1714 MEETING HELD AT THE MUNICIPAL BUILDINGS CAMBERLEY ON
WEDNESDAY SEPT. 27th 1916
PRESENT WERE: 11 Officers including W/M W/Bro. G.H. Richardson
The Lodge was opened in due form after solemn prayer at 6.50 p.m.
The minutes of the last regular meeting were read and confirmed by the Brethren present.
The W/M requested the secretary to read the circular letter received from our Pro.G.M asking the Brethren for their kind support on the occasion of him taking the chair at the Annual Festival of the Royal Masonic Institution for Boys, in June 1917.
W.Bro. Kennett P.M. Charity rep. gave an explanation of the splendid work that was being done by the institution and expressed a wish that the Brethren would do their utmost to make this a very successful festival.
The Lodge was then opened in the 2nd. Degree and Bro. F.W. Gordon was called to the Ped. and after having given proofs of proficiency in the former degree was entrusted with the P.G. & P.W. leading from the 2nd. to the 3rd. Degree. He then retired to be prepared for the ceremony of raising. The Lodge opened in the 3rd. Degree and Br. F.W. Gordon was re-admitted, properly prepared and raised to the sublime degree of a M.M. The ceremony being very excellently rendered by the W.M. W.Bro. G.H. Richardson.
The Lodge was lowered to the 1st Degree . W.Bro. W.H. Twort P.M. read extracts from a letter received from the R.W. Bro. Sir Charles Wakefield, Lord Mayor of London, appealing for funds in connection with the Freemasons War Hospital, which has been taken over by the Masonic Nursing Home Committee, and on the proposition of the W.M. and seconded by Bro. W. Hedges, J.W. the matter was referred to the Reference Committee.
Fraternal greetings were extended to the W.M. from the visiting Brethren.
Apologies for non-attendance were received from four Brethren.
Nothing further being offered for the good of Freemasonry in general or of this, the Albert Edward Lodge, in particular, it was closed after solemn prayer in perfect harmony at 8.20. p.m.