Minutes of 100 Years Ago
An Extract of the minutes of the meeting held 100 years ago is read out in Lodge at every meeting. You can read them at your leisure here:
THIS IS AN EXTRACT FROM THE MINUTES OF THE ALBERT EDWARD LODGE
No. 1714 MEETING HELD AT THE MUNICIPAL BUILDINGS, LONDON ROAD
CAMBERLEY ON WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 23rd 1916
PRESENT WERE: Officers 12 ( including W/M/ W/Bro. G.H. Richardson )
The Lodge was opened in due form after solemn prayer at 6 p.m.
The minutes of the last regular meeting were read and confirmed by the Brethren present.
Bro. Thomas John Ley was next called to the pedestal and after having given prooof of the progress he had made in the Science was entrusted with the P.G. & P.W leading from the 1st to the 2nd degree. He then retired to be prepared for the ceremony of Passing.
The Lodge opened in the 2nd Degree and Bro. Ley was re-admitted properly prepared and passed to the degree of a F.C. The ceremony of passing having been very exellently rendered by the W.M. W.Bro. G. Richardson.
Bro. John William Todd was then called to the pedestal and after having given proofs of the progress he had made in the Science, was entrusted with the P.G. & P.W, leading from the 2nd to the 3rd Degree. He then retired to be prepared for the ceremony of Raising.
The Lodge next opened in the 3rd Degree and W.Bro. J, Ellis P.M. assumed the Gavel and Bro. Todd was re-admitted, properly prepared and raised to the sublime degree of a M.M.. The ceremony of Raising being very impressively rendered by W.Bro. J. Ellis.
The W.M. then re-assumed the Gavel and the Lodge was lowered to the 1st Degree.
The quarterly communication from Grand Lodge was read by the Secretary.
The visiting Brethren presented their hearty greetings to the W.M.
There was one apology from W.Bro. Burn
Nothing further being offered for the good of Freemasonry in general or this Lodge in particular it was closed in perfect harmony at 8.10 p.m.